Re: I'm pissed, gotta vent

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999 12:38:18 -0600 "Zach Vrooman" <zach@discover-net.net>
writes:
>Fellow 'rocconians, I AM PISSED. Today I got written up at work because
>flashed my lights to pass a car this week. Here's what happened. I was
on a
>bridge going to another store to get some parts. This yuppie asshole in
his
>Cadillac Seville was in the left lane doing BELOW the speed limit. I hit
>the lights to pass this clown, and he HITS HIS BRAKES.

Im not sure about your local laws, but in CA, it is illegal to flash your
headlights. (Falls under the you must dim your lights when a vehicle is
_____ feet from your car law.) Just like its illegal to honk your horn
unless your warning another driver/pedestrian/animal of impending danger,
or driving up a single lane mountainous road .) Also the belief that you
can temporarily blind the driver by flashing your brights. (I don't agree
with this but I don't write the laws either. Maybe I should. hmm.)
Also, technically, its not against the law to do a brake check. I think
its a really stupid and dangerous thing to do but all the driver has to
do is say that he/she saw something on the road that he/she was trying to
avoid it.

>I damn near shit
>myself. He called the warehouse and claimed I was 'flashing my lights
and
>tailgating him' according to the report.

If he just tapped the brakes and you "damn near shit yourself" the id be
inclined to believe that you were by definition, tailgating. Again, I
don't know your local laws, but CA laws say you must be 1 car length for
every 10 mph of speed. CHP hadn't figured out that they could make a
fortune by setting up at any one of the local freeways for the rush hour
traffic. Everybody there could get a ticket for that alone. Kinda funny
actually.

>I'm just pissed. HE nails his
>brakes on a freeway, could have seriously injured, if not killed, BOTH
of
>us.

I agree, stupidity breeds rampantly.

>All he had to do was move into the right lane for what, 3 seconds so I
>could pass, then he could have gotten back into the left lane, and
>everybody's happy.

Yah, that would be too easy. Happens everywhere but until they pass new
legislation to make it open hunting season on pokeys in the #1 lane, what
are ya gonna do?

>Now, I don't think I did anything wrong, did I? I mean, besides being a
>dumbass and expecting the same courtesy I would show other people?

if you did anything wrong, it would of been what I mentioned above. Hey,
just be glad you didn't get a ticket for that! Could of happened.

I take it you were using a company vehicle? More than likely, it had a
phone number on it somewhere and I hope to god it wasn't one of those
"How am I driving" stickers? (You get a fat smack in the forehead if it
has one.)

Some things to consider while driving a company vehicle. You probably get
paid by the hour, what's the rush? Company vehicles are much more
noticeable and that's negative attention which nets negative phone calls.
It doesn't matter what the other driver says, you will always lose the
argument. People love to call the 1-800 numbers and rag on drivers. Some
people even make a hobby of it.

Anyways, I understand where your comming from, been there many times
myself.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and