Re: 8V exhaust manifold gasket

In a message dated 3/7/99 7:18:10 PM Eastern Standard Time, AlanCote@aol.com
writes:

<< While my '86 'Rocco 8V was at a local shop for yearly inspection, they
pointed
 out that the exhaust manifold gasket (where the manifold mounts to the head)
 was a bit blown out. Sure enough, they let me look, and there are a few bits
 of gasket flapping up there. They want five hours of labor to replace it. >>

Umm..... I'd try getting the shop to commit to nothing more than that.  U
never know how long it'll take to get those bolts out but you don't wanna pay
any MORE than what they've said.  Personally, it seems like 5 hours is a bit
much.  But.... If I were a mechanic that is at least what I'd want to charge.
GL
Dan May
8716VScirocco
91Passatwagon(auto again next weekend, X your fingers so it'll run)
95.5Truck