Re: Baffled oil pan

>I refuse to pay $200-350 for an
>aftermarket oil pan. Question is, where should I put the baffles? Should they
>go all the way across the pan (the short way/forward backwards in the car)?
>Has anyone done this before?
>TIA
>
>Nate

There is another alternative to an expensive baffled pan, or building
something yourself.  There's a late model oil pan gasket that includes
an oil pan liner/basket that acts as a pan baffle.  Costs a bit more
then a regular oil pan gasket (~$16 vs ~$48) but it may be just
what you're looking for.  Check with Mark @ Adirondak or Mike @ VWP.

==Brett