My Scirocco worried me!

Woah.

I've only had my 82 'Rocco for a couple days now. This Saturday I
slapped in a new K&N filter, clutch cable and Bosch platinums. She
purred like a Kraut kitten! :)

Then while driving home, doing about 80 KPH, the car just died for about
2 seconds! The RPM guage dropped to 0 and the car suddenly came to life
again while I was coasting. My friend in the passenger seat thought only
the guage jumped and he said, "Ah, my truck at work does that from time
to time. Dont worry!" I raised my eyebrow but drove on.

Ten minutes later I pulled into the gas station to wash the car, and
then it just died! Like... INSTANTLY. Turning the key did NOTHING! No
dash lights... nothing. Of course at this point I'm thinking, "Oh god
no. Not the electrical system. PLEASE NO! I just bought this magnificent
machine, and now this! I DONT NEED THIS!"

So, we tried push starting the car, and nothing. No go. At this point
I'm pretty pissed off. So, we push the car into the gas station where we
later plan to come back with a couple friends and push it a few blocks
to the local VW repair place.