Re: Re: Fwd: RE: scirocco  data

>Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 10:50:13 -0500
>To: "Mark Peele" <map@scirocco.zzn.com>, scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>From: 16V JASON <jason@scirocco.org>
>Subject: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Re:_Fwd:_RE:_scirocco_=A0data?=
>
>At 10:32 AM 3/5/99 , Mark Peele wrote:
>>did yoe see the coefficients of drag for the sciroccos? the 80 Mk1,
the Mk2
>>and the 16v all has .36 cd.. ha! i wish. The mk2 is .39 and the mk1 is
>like .425
>>
>>==========================
>>According to VW, the MK1 drag coefficient is .38 or .39 (I can't
remember
>which)
>>
>>I will be happy to send any skeptics a scan of the VW literature.
>
>Hey Mark!
>	I would love to see it. :)
>	I was always told that the 16v was 0.38 (I think the 8v was 0.39), and
>that the Mk1 Rabbit/Jetta was 0.42, and that the A2 cars were 0.32...
>
>	Jason

Since Volkswagen has a fine, world class wind tunnel, it is no suprise
the Scirocco is so sleek. These drag figures have been replicated
elsewhere if memory serves correctly. I'm looking through old Car &
Driver mags circa '84 and '85, where they called the Scirocco one of the
finest built cars in the road. These figures were in there. Of course
they probably took them from VW.

JSJackson '85 Scirocco