Re: 0-60 times for  1.7 and 1.8 MK1 'rocco's [hp guesses]

Get the 80mm dude, I guarantee you'll love it! :) I put it in my old modded
1.7 and couldn't believe the difference. It's the mod that i've felt the
most out of anything (except the new engine of course! :)
The CO is simple to set with your o2 sensor and a dwell meter. shouldn't
take more than 10 minutes.
I have an old thickwalled 80mm i MIGHT get rid of if you cant find one in a
local boneyard. You shouldn't pay more than 10-15 bux for it there however.

You know the difference between the thin and thickwalled 80's right? the
thin has about a 2mm thick wall at the top and the thick has about 5mm
thick at the top. According to Techtonics there IS a horsepower difference,
however when i swapped the thick to the thin i didn't notice a thing. MAYBE
1-2 horsepower difference if your lcky. Also the thin walled is proported
to run a tiny bit more lean(according to Greg Raven), but it doesn't keep
me up at night.

At 05:24 PM 3/4/99 -0800, you wrote:
>> **Balanced and blueprinted,
>>
>> That's worth something - compression ratio? [stock is 8.2:1]
>
>It's probably at about 8.5:1  Milled the head a little, but not much.
>

>> ** 5k TB, matched gaskets,
>>
>> I'd say maybe 3-4 hp [I'm being optimistic here]
>>
>> **no cat
>>
>> Maybe 4 hp
>>
>> **and a GTI muffler,
>>
>> zero Hp
>>
>> **dual downpipe,
>>
>> this is stock - zero hp
>>
>> **K&N,
>>
>> 5 hp?
>>
>> **the fuel volumes at the fuel distributor are adjusted up a bit.
>>
>> do you mean it's rich or what (adjusted using the 3mm allen)
>>
>> Do you have the original 60mm air meter or an 80mm?
>
>The little allens at the distributor next to each fuel line.  I've been
>debating whether or not to go to the 80mm, so currently I have the
>60mm.  It's just such a pain to get the CO and idle back into
>adjustment (where I like it to be).
>

>And I forgot the '76 Rabbit cam, which is almost identical to a G-
>grind.
>                   Kris Rayner
>                1984 VW Scirocco
>    1981 VW Scirocco S - Soon to be a 16V :)-
>     "I do nothing in moderation but work."
>               -Charles Dickens
>   http://www.fix.net/~trzracing/web/scirocco.htm
>
>--