[tech] Passenger Side Motor Mount

    I was reading through the VW FAQ, on replacing the passenger
side motor mount.  Now, it says that the lower timing belt cover has
to be removed along with the tensioner, timing belt, and timing gear
on the intermediate shaft.  Is this correct?  Or is it usually
possible to do it without all that crap having to come off?  I can't
remember hearing that anything but the upper cover has to come off.

    To go along with my motor mount topic... I just got my drivers
side motor mount along with a brand spanking new bracket (its very
shiny) from Mike Potterman, at a VERY reasonable price. I may save
the bracket with the dead mount, but now its not worth the trouble
to press out the bearing and press in the new one IMHO.

Sean Martin.
87 8V