Re: 0-60 times for  1.7 and 1.8 MK1 'rocco's [hp guesses]

> **Balanced and blueprinted,
>
> That's worth something - compression ratio? [stock is 8.2:1]

It's probably at about 8.5:1  Milled the head a little, but not much.

> ** 5k TB, matched gaskets,
>
> I'd say maybe 3-4 hp [I'm being optimistic here]
>
> **no cat
>
> Maybe 4 hp
>
> **and a GTI muffler,
>
> zero Hp
>
> **dual downpipe,
>
> this is stock - zero hp
>
> **K&N,
>
> 5 hp?
>
> **the fuel volumes at the fuel distributor are adjusted up a bit.
>
> do you mean it's rich or what (adjusted using the 3mm allen)
>
> Do you have the original 60mm air meter or an 80mm?

The little allens at the distributor next to each fuel line.  I've been
debating whether or not to go to the 80mm, so currently I have the
60mm.  It's just such a pain to get the CO and idle back into
adjustment (where I like it to be).

And I forgot the '76 Rabbit cam, which is almost identical to a G-
grind.
                   Kris Rayner
                1984 VW Scirocco
    1981 VW Scirocco S - Soon to be a 16V :)-
     "I do nothing in moderation but work."
               -Charles Dickens
   http://www.fix.net/~trzracing/web/scirocco.htm