Re: 0-60 times for  1.7 and 1.8 MK1 'rocco's [hp guesses]

**Balanced and blueprinted,

That's worth something - compression ratio? [stock is 8.2:1]

** 5k TB, matched gaskets,

I'd say maybe 3-4 hp [I'm being optimistic here]

**no cat

Maybe 4 hp

**and a GTI muffler,

zero Hp

**dual downpipe,

this is stock - zero hp

**K&N,

5 hp?

**the fuel volumes at the fuel distributor are adjusted up a bit.

do you mean it's rich or what (adjusted using the 3mm allen)

Do you have the original 60mm air meter or an 80mm?

My tabulation is as follows:

Stock 74hp
Ported & matched Audi 5K/A2 TB 4hp
No cat 4hp
K&N 5hp

That puts you at 87hp - pretty good!

Assuming the JH in the other car is using a dual manifold, he'll get another 5hp or so from the JH.

Put his car at 95hp.

Your car is probably very close to what my original 1981S was.

It was a stock 1.7 with the following:
80mm airmeter +5hp
TT downpipe  +1hp
TT 2" exhaust (no cat) +8hp