Re: Bentley procedure question

Rich Deede wrote:

<snip>

> First question is, for both parts it says to disconnect the coil wire from
> the center tower of the distributor cap and connect it to ground using a
> jumper wire.  What does this mean connect it to ground?

Heh-heh!  That was my reaction, too...Just connect the thing to a *good*
chassis ground, *not* the battery negative.

> Just the negative
> battery termnal or the chassis?  And what the hell is a jumper wire, do I
> have to make it or can I buy one?

You can make one; just use a nice, heavy piece of copper wire.  12-gauge
should work, but 10 would be better.  It'll be a little hard to handle,
though.

> Second question is it says to actuate the starter.  This doesn't mean to
> literally start the car does it? What do I do here?

Yep.  It won't start, since you've disconnected the coil.

HTH!

Carlyle