Re: Seats

At 16:43 03/01/99 EST, SNixon5523@aol.com wrote:
>I vaguely remember the thread about fixing the seat back adjustability knob.
>I need a refresher on that, please.  Also, my seat back no longer releases
>giving access to the rear seats.  How do I fix that one?
   The seat recline control knob is plastic and may have stripped itself
out on it's shaft. Easy/cheap replacement from the stealership. The
seatback release is more involved but not hard, easier w/seat removed from
car. At the base of the seatback are several sharp, triangular teeth that
secure the back fabric to the bottom. Carefully bend them straight, as
you'll be reusing them. Open the seatback, you'll see the two release
cables. Chances are it's only the long one that's broken. It controls the
latch nearest the center tunnel. Remove the cable, visit the dealer who
will tell you they don't stock the cable. Let them measure for correct
length and order the part. When it finally arrives, it will be the wrong
length and they'll have to reorder the correct part they previously
insisted would not fit your car. Once you have the right cable,
installation is pretty straightforward.
Gerry