Re: front sway-bar problems

Wow!  Why didn't I think of that!  Seriously though, there is no "best"
solution, and every setup involves a give and take.  If you stiffen spring rates
to decrease body roll, and thus reduce camber loss, you give up ride and
suspension sensitivity.  If you try to reduce roll with simply a big bar, you
also decrease suspension sensitivity to a degree.  But in some instances, the
bar can increase spring rates and reduce body roll to advantage.   For example,
I drove my 16v Scirocco to an ES and overall points autocross championship in
1997 in my SCCA region with only a 22mm front bar and all the negative wheel
camber I could legally get.  Believe me, if the car would have gone faster
without the bar, I would have taken it off between runs.  Now for a lowered car,
they seem to respond best to a standard to large bar on the front, and an even
bigger bar on the back.  And although I've heard of occasional stories of very
stiffly sprung A1 cars with no front bar working well (Shine Racing), they seem
to be the only race/tuner entity out there promoting it.   As always, YMMV.

jim