Re: trimming the bumpstops...

>Guys, I'm about to install my Spax suspension in my Scirocco project.
>(Don't start about the Spax stuff; I bought the whole thing over four
>years ago...) The springs lower the car the usual 1.25 1.5" and the
>shocks are of the adjustable flavor.

And about those Spax shocks...oh, never mind, you already know. :)

>So, my question is, how much should I trim the bumpstops?

After learning my lesson with my first lowering suspension, I always
trim the stock rubber stops one ring.  Ends up being about an inch
or so.

> Do I do in the just the front or the back, too?

I did em both..why risk your suspension compression & rebound changing
so drastically that it may upset the car balance by 'bouncing' off the
bump stops?

> What is the preffered method?

Of what?  Cutting them?  I like to use an upside down circular saw
without the blade guard, and I just sorta hand guide em...kidding.
Hack saw works fine.

>Does it matter if the things don't stay up at the top of the shaft or
> can they fall down to the bottom? Yada yada yada.

There's a little lip to get them over on both the fronts and backs (i'm
pretty sure about the backs) and they'll just push to where they belong.
Doesn't matter where they start out.  How's the engine build going Scott?

later!

==Brett