trimming the bumpstops...

Guys, I'm about to install my Spax suspension in my Scirocco project.
(Don't start about the Spax stuff; I bought the whole thing over four
years ago...) The springs lower the car the usual 1.25 1.5" and the
shocks are of the adjustable flavor.

So, my question is, how much should I trim the bumpstops? Do I do in the
just the front or the back, too? What is the preffered method? Does it
matter if the things don't stay up at the top of the shaft or can they
fall down to the bottom? Yada yada yada.

Please let me know. Thanks.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut