Re: SV: storage tips needed

I was told that you should actually have the fuel tank full when storing
the car. I know that the fuel ages and is not as good when you finally use
it, but if the tank is not full you run the risk of condensation in the
tank. Old fuel is probably less harmful than water in the tank. It is also
a good idea to pour in an additive made for cars in storage. I also put a
bottle or two of "HEET" fuel system dryer (isopropyl alcohol) in before I
start it when it comes out of storage.

I usually take the battery out of the car to keep it from discharging.
Store the battery on wood or cardboard. Concrete, IIRC, is especially bad
for the battery, tho I don't know why.

Finally, it's a good idea to flush your brake fluid, too, since it absorbs
moisture easily.

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Roland Johansson wrote:

> Before storing the car a oil change is in order. You don't want contaminated oil with possibil moist in there for long time.
>
> Not much fuel in the tank because fuel ages and goes badly, when you want to fire it up pour in a few liters with fresh fuel.
>
> Charging your battery once in a while is necessary to keep it in condition.

Neal