Re: overboring, and powdercoating

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999 13:18:02 -0400 Gary Huff <ghuff@htech.com> writes:
>Is overboring and powdercoating everything worth the hassle and
>expense?

All depends on your mechanical tastes and desires. (and wallet.)

>what are the pro's and cons of each? Thanks,
>				Gary Huff

Pro's to Overboring:

Bigger displacement means more power. (Schwing!) Since more power is
always a good thing, that's a definite pro!

Cons to Overboring:

Umm...... Ok, well, its that much less material for you to overbore in
the future. That means that if you overbore it too much, then eventually
the block will become useless. Typically a block becomes useless long
before that happens. It was the best "con" I could come up with.
Seriously, the cons would definitely be the cost involved. (IE, machine
shop labor.)

Pro's to Powdercoating:

Looks good.
Lasts a long time.
Durable.
great protection against corrosion.

Con's to Powdercoating:

Cost.
Availability.
you might not get the color you wanted.... I dunno.

Anyhoo...

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and