RE: question of difference some mods will make

I think you'll like the power increases from the new setup, although I
don't have any specific numbers for you. And you're right about having
solid lifters.

I would also recommend getting a larger throttle body (of the audi5000 or
A2 VW kind), as this will help get all that air to the cylinders. K&N
filter might help too.

I got a stiffer VW Motorsport rear tranny mount for my 85, and this
helped make a huge difference, but the one I replaced was totally shot,
so a new OE mount might have made nearly the same change. Definitely put
in the stiffer front mount that TT sends with it's exhaust.

GL

Jonas
85 Scirocco