Re: question of difference some mods will make

> (assuming that they
> are solid  lifters of course, as no one is really sure,
> but it seems as if
> they are, i fiugre if they are, i put in the cam, then
> shim the lifters,
> voila)

In my experience (going on 12-13 Sciroccos) I've never seen
anything but a solid lifter head on an 8v Scirocco.  The
Bentley claims that VW went to hydraulic lifters in 1988
for the JH engine.

> (basically, i was happy with the car until my dad went
> out and bought an
> 88 16v that blows my doors off, now i need more power :)

Sux doesn't it?  I made the mistake of letting my dad drive
a 16v once, now he hates having to drive an 8v when he
borrows a car.

===
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry