Re: question of difference some mods will make

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Daun Yeagley wrote:

> In my experience (going on 12-13 Sciroccos) I've never seen
> anything but a solid lifter head on an 8v Scirocco.  The
> Bentley claims that VW went to hydraulic lifters in 1988
> for the JH engine.

This is true, and according to Potterman and a few others, there are some
very very rare 88 8v Hydrolic head Sciroccos here in the states.

Unless an engine transplant has taken place, it's same to assume that any
stock 8v rocco will be a solid lifter car.

Eric