16v Rabbit

Steve,

As far as I can remember the idle has done this since the transplant.  I
have already replaced the IAC motor and the throttle body switches thinking
that one of them were stuck on or off.  I also have been diligently looking
for any vac. leaks.  I have messed with the air/fuel mixture some but I have
nothing to analyze the exhaust with to get it right on.  I am starting a new
job on monday where they have a scope, etc then I can check it out.

The only Mods I have done to the engine that may be contributing are:  K&N
with butchered BOTTOM airbox piece, and Techtonics down-pipe to 22" 2 1/4"
glass-pack then 2 1/4" pipe back to a dynamax stainless steel super turbo
race 3" in & out muffler. Sounds good and provides great flow for anything I
may want to do to the engine later on but I've heard that the 16v need quite
a bit of back pressure to run properly.  True?

Dave

77 Rabbit 16v