Re: Scirocco Rebuild!!!!

Subject: Scirocco Rebuild!!!!

Here's my dilemma with my 81 Scirocco...

I would like to begin the body work some time this summer.  I have decided
that the front of the Scirocco looks like shit without an air dam of some
sorts.  I do have a Kamei air dam which is cracked in several places and I
would definitely be a happy camper if I could repair this one which I own.
My other option is to find a nominal looking body kit (nothing outrageous
like a Rieger kit - they cost too much) which would go all around the car.
What should I do? Does a 16V ground effects fit a MK1 Scirocco?

Any suggestions would suffice........thanks

Lata

Sal
---- End Original Message ----

Unless you like modding stuff, forget the MK2 bodykit for the MK1.

Just about everything is out of production for MK1 cars (Although there is a Canadian company that was talking up a kit . . .)

LOL!

On my 1981 S, I am planning to re-install just the front air dam (I have an original thanks to Andre) and also a set of Zender side skirts (I was lucky to get these - thanks Verne). I'm not absolutely sure about the skirts, but rocks have a nasty tendancy to bounce off the lower doors/sill on MK1s . . .

Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S
1982 Scirocco
1987 Golf GT
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Previous Sciroccos: 1975 (2), 1981 S (1), 1980 S (1)
Then there's Kristen's '78 Scirocco