Scirocco Rebuild!!!!

Here's my dilemma with my 81 Scirocco...

I would like to begin the body work some time this summer.  I have decided
that the front of the Scirocco looks like shit without an air dam of some
sorts.  I do have a Kamei air dam which is cracked in several places and I
would definitely be a happy camper if I could repair this one which I own.
My other option is to find a nominal looking body kit (nothing outrageous
like a Rieger kit - they cost too much) which would go all around the car.
What should I do? Does a 16V ground effects fit a MK1 Scirocco?

Any suggestions would suffice........thanks

Lata

Sal