question of difference some mods will make

Ok, i have a stock 86 8 valve, now that it is summer and i have a job that
pays me enough money to actually do something with my car (job at school
pays diddlysquat, summer computer internship much better :) Here is what i
had in mind: I need to replace the valve cover gasket and the exhasut
manifold gasket, i figured while i have to do that i might as well get a
6-bolt manifold (the 4-2 one) and a dual downpipe into a 2" cat
(complements of a combo of potterman and adirondack :) I am also planning
on getting a g-grind cam while the valve cover is off. (assuming that they
are solid  lifters of course, as no one is really sure, but it seems as if
they are, i fiugre if they are, i put in the cam, then shim the lifters,
voila) If i do these mods, does anyone know approx what kind of increase
in power, either real or seat of the pants feel? Or for approx. the same
amount of money does anyone have any other suggestions where my money
would be better spent? (i am also getting probably an autotech sport
exhaust, but i don't think the list needs another TT vs autotech vs
whomever else sport exhasut discussion :)
SO for any help any one can give, thanks in advance,
Robert Luhrs

(basically, i was happy with the car until my dad went out and bought an
88 16v that blows my doors off, now i need more power :)