Re: 160 MPH Speedo Roccos

---Peter Walsh <cerksies@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hey,
> I have a question.  Is there something different in Scirocco 16v's that have
> 160 MPH Speedos?

Yeah, after I added a 160mph speedo, I was dusting Lear jets during take off..
:)

It was a gimmik really...

> Mine is an 87, 160 Speedo, 250,000 MILES (not KM, Miles).
> Never rebuilt motor, I have no clue when the spark plugs were last changed
> (I have never looked @ them since i got the car at 232,000).  I still pull
> 7.5 Sec 0-60 on stock motor (w/ K&N)

You have a really good car, be happy. :)

> Anyway, I once heard the 160Speedo Cars had a hot Euro Cam in them.  How
> true is this?

Not really. However, here's another rumor for you.  I heard that the first
100 or so 1986.5 16v's came with the Euro 50mm intakes as the 40mm US manifold
wasn't ready yet.  Sounds too good to be true, right?

> Pete

==Brett