Re: my driver's side seat just "snapped" on me - wtf?

The same thing just happend to me.  I took the seat out and partially pulled
off the fabric/seat cover material.   I then noticed, to my horror, that the
steel frame in the backrest(just behind my left shoulder when I'm seated) had
snapped completely through.
So, I'm really glad you posted this mail because I was starting to feel like a
fat ass for snapping my seat in half. :-) I guess you could weld it back up or
just find another used seat.  I'm still looking for a used one...Anyone in NJ,
NY, PA have one thay want to sell for $40.00 US (It doesn't have to be
pretty...just functional)?

Brian Potter
88 Scirocco 16V
98 Audi A4Q