[non-rocco] Installing rear fogs on 97 GTI VR6, HELP!!

I know it aint rocco related, but I know some of you on this list have
A3 GTIs and belong to the VR6 list.  If you could forward this to the
list I would be much appreciated.  Hopefully some of you on this list
may have done this procedure before.

I recently replaced the stock U.S. light switch for the Euro one in my
sisters 97 GTI VR6 and I was interested in hooking up rear fogs but I
had a few questions.

  1) There are 2 different types of taillights available for this
GTI,       one with fogs and one without, actually 4 if you consider
the           smoked versus non smoked.  Is the only difference between
the two       the hole for the fog light bulb?  My current unit cannot
accept a       standard sized 21 watt bulb because the hole is too
small, however      it looks like there is meant to be some plastic that
can be
     removed so as to fit the larger bulb.  BTW, the fogs in the tail
     lights are meant to be on the bottom outside of the light correct?
     I believe the normal mode is to have the inner lights be the brake,
     middle is the park, and outside are the fogs.  Is this correct?

  2) Can the non-fog lenses use the 21 watt bulbs without fear of
     melting the lense?  If the only difference is the size of the hole
     in the backside of the lense, then cutting it out is no problem,
     but if the real lenses that are prepared for fogs have a different
     type of plastic on the lense, then I will be needing to swap
     lenses.  Or do you recommend using a 10 watt bulb instead?  I think
     I can get a 10 watter in there without cutting the bulb hole.

  3) The current setup uses the outside portion of the lense as a
     parking lamp, along with the middle part.  I noticed that from
     the switch there are left and right circuits to the parking,
     grey with black stripe being for the left, grey with red stripe
     being for the right. I did however see that the left tail light
     had another wire, a solid grey wire.  To make long story short,
     the stock U.S. setup has 2 wires powering the 2 bulbs on the left
     while only one wire powering the right 2 bulbs.  The left has the
     grey with black powering the stock park position, while the solid
     powers the outside postion -fog position in the Euro models.  Some
     where in the mess of wires, either in the back of the car, or
     towards the front, the solid grey wire is connected to the grey w/
     black wire.  I need to find where it connects and disconnect it so
     I can use that wire to power the fogs.  Any idea where that wire
     is tapped to the grey w/ black wire?

  4) And lastly, I need to find the correct pin to add to the headlight
     plug at the back of the headlight switch.  I looked through a VW
     VAG cd and found several that may work, but as for which exact one
     will work I cant say.  Anyone have any idea as to which part number
     I will need?