RE:dead battery?

I was just bragging to a friend after purchasing a new battery for my Ghia:

"Seems I get a good five or six years out of a battery, no matter what kind it is." I say. "Why pay $15 bucks more for a battery with a warranty..." I continue.

Two days latter the 2 year old battery in the Scirocco dies. (died slowly over the course of the day - about 6 starts)

Dan "still buying cheap batteries" B