dead battery?

Does this sound like a dead battery to you guys?

1. started up fine this morning
2. stopped for a bagel 5 minutes later, started fine again
3. drove 35 minutes, 25 miles to work
4. when I got to work, I turned off the car and my radio turned off also
(is
   wired to battery, not ign. switch)
5. Car will not start, does not crank, no solenoid "click", nada. Plus
when
   the key is turned all of the idiot lights go on for one sec, then go
dead.
6. Quickly checked the connections, they all look good.

my guess: somewhere along the way to work this morning my battery died. I
was powered by the juice from the alternator the rest of the way until I
turned the car off, at which time the battery was not able to power the
radio which then turned off.

can anyone think of anything else?

BTW, I'm not very upset about this for 2 reasons. I can get a jump to get
me home, and the battery is the wrong size anyway, so I've been itching
to replace it.

Jonas
85 Scirocco