Re: Anyone have Eibach sportline's? What about Intrax spring's?

--- A1SCIROCCO@aol.com wrote:
> I am getting rid of my H&R's and i'm thinking of
> buying the Eibach
> sportline's.  The reason for the switch is because i
> want my car to sit a
> little lower.  I'm looking for a spring that will
> lower the car so you can
> only fit a finger in between the top of the tire and
> the bottom of the wheel
> arch.  Will the Eibach's do this?  If not are Intrax
> spring's any good?
====================
My experience with the Eibachs are with the MK1 Scirocco.

In my opinion, they lowered the car too much. The control arms actually
were higher at the ball joint than at the center "hinge".

The springs were also VERY harsh. If you have glassy smooth roads -
they'd be alright. But in the DC/Baltimore area - forget going
downtown.

An alternative is lowering caps (at least for the front) - Bonrath
makes them and they are available in the US.

===
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
Then there's Kristen's '78 Scirocco
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM