SV: drag strip times

Hello

> > He/she needs to know:
> > 1) burn out or no burn out
>
> Does it give any advance? Better traction? What tire is the best?

With street tires don't burn out before, if you do you loose traction because when they get warm they're slippery. With race tires burn out becuase they need heat to have traction

> > 2) Launch RPM?
>
> I released somewhere near 3500rpm, maybe 5000rpm or 6000rpm, but it would
> mean some wheelspin or heavy cluch slipping! :(

Time to change clutch disc and eventually stronger pressure plate if your disc is in nice form. Eliminate cars bad positions first, have everything working and dialed in.

> Stick? You mean what rubber to use? I had problems with my broken suspension
> and shock absorbers. It meant, that when I dumped at 5000rpm my tires
> started bounching instead of doing their job! :(

Fix that first, you can't get good times with bad suspension

> > 5) shift points
>
> Constant 6450rpm coz rev limiter was at 6500rpm and I was stupid enough not
> to remove it! :(

Remove it, takes two minutes.

Roland Johansson, Swedish Viking
Scirocco 1,6l RSi -82