Re: drag strip times

Sad that we do not have constant 1/4 mile strip in here, that would be cool
to test various options, so could someone (like you Shawn) give me some
ideas on this one!

> He/she needs to know:
> 1) burn out or no burn out

Does it give any advance? Better traction? What tire is the best?

> 2) Launch RPM?

I released somewhere near 3500rpm, maybe 5000rpm or 6000rpm, but it would
mean some wheelspin or heavy cluch slipping! :(

> 3) clutch positioning  (Slip or dump)

Yeah, what and when is best?

> 4) making the car stick off the line

Stick? You mean what rubber to use? I had problems with my broken suspension
and shock absorbers. It meant, that when I dumped at 5000rpm my tires
started bounching instead of doing their job! :(

> 5) shift points

Constant 6450rpm coz rev limiter was at 6500rpm and I was stupid enough not
to remove it! :(

> 6) making to GO straight

You mean not to try to push your competitor off his strip? :)

Lauri, first time drag racer!
'84 Scirocco GTI Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added nothing new to my site!