From: Robert H Luhrs <rhl@student.umass.edu>
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Date: Tuesday, July 20, 1999 10:43 AM
Subject: What would happen if....

Let's just say that for some reason someone put a G-grind solid  lifter
cam in a hydrolic lifter engine?
and how would you be able to tell?
Reason being: i had my mechanic put in a bunch o stuff:cat. dual exhasut
manifold/downpipe, and a g-grind, i toldhim to verify solid lifters before
he put it in, today i wenmt to have a cv boot replaced, and somehow it cam
up that he was like, oh yeah you had a hydrolic lifter engine, i was like:
are you sure? he said well, i couldn't see any place where shims could be
taken from so yeah he thinks it's hydrolic.  My car still runs very well,
still gets over 30 mpg, still pulls fine, any thoughts from anyone?
thanks,
Rob Luhrs