Re: Springs time?

I would go with either H&R or Neuspeed. They seem to get the most
consistent good ratings from everyone I've talked to. I run H&R with
Konis, and love them. The only dis I've heard about Neuspeed was from the
shop owner who installed my setup. He said that he's had a few Neuspeed
installs on A1's that ended up unbalanced. Either the front-end would be
higher than the rear, or vice versa. He said they've typically been very
good, but the last two or three installs have been poorly matched
front-to-rear, and only on A1's.

You shouldn't have any problems with Bilsteins on either brand. I only got
the Konis for the adjustability. I like the adjusters, but it's a toss-up
as to whether it's worth the extra money. Bilsteins are great shocks.

HTH!
Neal

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Sal Guzzo wrote:

> I initially had my mind set on a set of Eibach for my A1 but I don't know
> any more.  Apparently the Eibach sportlines are not available for the A1's
> and I'd need to wait almost an eternity to get a set.  My question is what
> other springs could I consider.  Someone mentioned H&R springs.  How are
> these?  How about the Neuspeed springs?
>
> I plan on using Bilstein shocks ; hence I would need something to match up
> with the Bilsteins.  Any comments!!!!!!!
>
> Sal

			Neal Tovsen