Re: Need your advise here!

Joel Leclerc wrote:

> Hi dudes,
>
> Since a week I have a strange problem when I shift in 3rd gear,
> it makes a strange noise just like if I didn't push the clutch
> enough (but I do!).. this happen also in other gear but less.
> And sometime when I go reverse it sounds like a "clonk!!" noise
> when I release the clutch.
> I also hear a strange noise when I'm in neutral and I don't push
> the clutch. But as soon I push back the clutch it stop!
> The sounds come near the clutch cable is attach to, Tranny/Transaxle?
>
> What could it be? And what I should do, fix it or change it?
> How much it cost in CAN funds? Could I wait until it gets worse,
> Or better to change/fix it now!?
>
> Well, that scare me a bit, so I need some advise here!
>
> thanks,
>
> Joel

there are a few things you should check... Check your tranny fluid level and

look for any fluid leaks near your inner CV joints at the diff casing. If
you can, replace the fluid with some synthetic stuff, either Lubro Moly or
Red Line. Is your shift linkage loose? Changing the bushings on the linkage
is cheap and makes a huge difference. Is your clutch cable loose or worn
out? Look for any fraying of the cable and torn rubber grommets that protect

the cable were it meets the transmission. Are you sure the "clonk" noise is
coming from the transmission? Check your rear motor mount for damage.

.. my theory is that your rear motor mount self-destructed which caused the
engine to go out of alignment, which threw off your shift linkage alignment
which causes the shifting problems ... of course i may be way off.

it's best to fix anything relating to the transmission as soon as you can
'cause the worse it gets, the more expensive.

-nigel.
86 Scirocco
85 Scirocco
http://scirocco.psycode.com/