Re: Few questions concerning my upcoming motor swap

Gary Huff wrote:

> People,
>         I have a few questions about my motor swap thats coming up.
>         1. What oil should I use to break it in? and what weight?
>         2. After getting the head on the motor and such is there
> anything special to do?
>         3. Im mating a 2.0l block up to a RD code head, would I use the
> A3 2.0l headgasket, or the RD?
>         4. Last but not least how much does a tranny rebuild cost? Its
> shot, second gear grinds and only engages when it feels like it.
>         Any help is apprecciated,
>                                 Gary Huff

1. Is the engine being rebuilt? Or are the two major portions being
mated for the 1st time? Makes a diff.

Skip to 4. Are you sure that the gears are grinding? Had similar
problems when the engine was misalighned in the mounts & when the
linkage was off to the side, etc.

TBerk