New motor spec and suspension report

After killing some original coils and having the bad road handling that comes with bad coils and Jamex lowering springs the upgrade to K&W coil overs with yellow adjustable Konis inside was like goods gift to my Scirocco. For the summer it's set to low riding height, around 7cm from the A-arms pivot point to ground. Equal distance to my front spoiler. This is "very" low but it's not to bad comfort either.

I gave my mother a ride and she didn't know I upgraded my suspension, here comment was: How nice it rides! At that time I had the Konis on hard setting because of rubbing problems in front. Now I adjusted the wheels chamber and pushed out the fenders and shaved the fender lips so now it's no rubbing and I'm running softer setting. Much smother and more comfortable.

A few more things to be modified although, the fender lips in front will be shaved totally, a plate inside the wheel to widen the wheel base will be used to allow more chamber. The drive shaft has touched the upper part of the body so I must make more space. Looks are killer, my 195/45 -15" wheels are inside the wheel wells.

Bonraths reinforced strut bearings are being used, same as Autotechs reinforced. Are working nice, lowers the car an additional 10mm. I added an upper stress bar too (have 16V lower since earlier). Made car much more stable in curvy roads, less noices when going over bumps etc. Well worth the money.

With this better road handling the need for more power is growing very fast, so two weeks ago I decided to build a new stronger motor. Yesterday I really noticed I need more power, I could barely hang close to an BMW m5 wagon. I guess the guy in the BMW told his girlfriend: Look, an old Scirocco that think he can race me, I'm going to show him. Acceleration was the same on both cars up to about 200km/h when there where to much traffic and a red light. But at the red light the guy gave thumb up and his girlfriend was Lol. To bad I couldn't take him.

New motor will be a 2H 1,8l motor from a cabriolet and a turbo added. Compression ratio is 9,2:1 and will remain, exhaust valves are being changed to Natrium cooled from the G60 motor. The hydralic head will be rebuilt for solid lifters. Cam shaft will either be G9 or a custom made turbo cam (Audi 200 turbo spec). Scrick Reinforced valve springs. Manifold will be from the cab, it's one port and a four bolt flange. Turbo will be a Mistubishi TD-04, exact spec isn't decided yet. Intercooler will either be Golf G60 or Mitsubishi Evo5, what I get for best price will make choice. Throttle body will be a single 70mm port from Audi 2,8l V6 (is in the RS2 to). Intake will be custom built to fit this TB. The lower parts of the runners will remain and the plenum chamber will be my own design.

Roland Johansson, Swedish Viking
Scirocco 1,6l RSi -82 (to grow 0,2l)
Http://hem.passagen.se/toker
Goal is with marginal +200hp, wide torque curve and rev limit 8000 rpm.