Re: Wheels

>DaleWitt wrote:
>
>>  Wheel design makes a big difference, a deep dish will appear to be
>>smaller in some cases.
>
>Great point dale.  It's been my experience that a wheel that has a thinner
>lip and more open
>area between the spokes will appear larger.  When I had 14 inch Borbet
> Type C rims on my
>Scirocco they looked considerably larger than the GTi and teardrop rims I
>had on the car
>before.  Thus, for example, a Konig villian will always appear larger than
>a BBS mesh when the wheels are the same size.
>
>jim

Jim, yer killin me here! :)  As many people know, I run 16" Konig Villains,
and LOVE em.  I had 15's before, the 16's look much better.  However,
for best fitment (and I've said this several times before) stick with a
7in rim width.  The wide 5 spoked Villains look so damn tough on my
car, if I don't say so myself.  Oh, and I'm putting in a pair of 7mm
wheel spacers in the rear to fix the 'too-tucked-in' look...and I spoke
with several people about how it would affect the handling: little or
nothing I couldn't compensate for with my Konis.

==Brett