Re: Wheels

Hmm...7.5" wide might be a problem.  For a Rocco, I'd say 7" rims would
be better.  I had the 15" Continental CZ91s on an 89 Scirocco Scala in
Germany.  They are excellent tires.  The sidewall on these tires is VERY
stiff, which is good and bad.  It's good because they handle great and
they would protect the rims better.  They are bad because the ride is a
bit rough, but if you don't care about that much (like I didn't) they're
great!

Personally, I wouldn't get 17s.  I've had 16s with 225/40/16 on my GTI
for about a year now and three of the rims are tweaked from the lack of
rim protection due to such a low profile.  With a 205/40/17 the sidewall
would be even smaller.  If you live in an area where the roads suck, I
would strongly advise to not put 17s on.  I won't even go with 16s again
on any car pre-99.  It's just not worth the hassle.  Flat tires are a
pain in the ass too.  It doesn't take much for the bead to loosen up
with such little profile.

I'm glad VW finally putting larger diameter tires on their cars.  The A4
cars now have 195/65/15 stock which means you can get 16s and still have
a decent sidewall (225/50/16 or 205/55/16).  I wish they started doing
that a few years ago.

-Mike
95 GTI VR6  <--- for sale in UT, $150 goes to the person who finds
the                   buyer!  E-mail for details
mailto:vwvr6r@fiber.net
88 Scirocco 16V
87 Cabbie