Re: Wheels

Jason, I've always believed that putting anything more than 15x7" on an A1
chassis VW (all Sciroccos, that is) is ridiculous. Yet, folks do it and
they're happy. Since I live in New Jersey where the roads are not horrible
but aren't pool table-smooth, I've experienced the down side to super-low
profile tires/big wheel combinations.

In fact, I'm converting to Revolution 14x7" rims with 195/55/14 Dunlop
SP8000 tires within the next couple of weeks. I think that this set up will
give me the best combination of grip, progressive break away
characteristics, gearing, comfort, and rim protection. FYI, I've been
running the stock BBS 15x6.5" w/195/50 Dunlop SP8k combination for the last
two years. I've bent my rims more times than I care to recollect.

Of course, if you ask someone like Mannix, he'll champion the cause of the
13x8" rim/205/55 tire combo. But then, he's one a them silly
autocrosser-types. :^)

--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut