Re: Power Module/Leather seats/springs

>hey guys after being off the list for about 4 months i'm back on the
>list....when i left someone was working on a less expensive and better
>version of the power module that autotech makes.

That may have been me...yes, I've been working on one for quite some
time...I haven't been able to work on it in a while because I've put
the test bed, I mean car, up for the winter.  I also lack an occiliscope
or a frequency generator.  Anyway, if we're talking about a copy of
the Techtonics module, it's really quite simple, although I wouldn't
actually suggest adding it to you car.  Sure, it really does work by
added HP at the high end, but at full throttle down low in the RPM
band, it can make the engine bog due to a too-rich mixture.  That's
why I was trying to 'build-a-better-box' with RPM sensitivity.  I'm
actually mostly done. :)  Buy some floormats instead...??? :-)

The Techtonics module is made up of a relay and a resister.  What it
does it trick the engine managment into thinking the the engine is
colder then it is.  It does this by varying the resistance at the
coolent temperature sender, a chart for resistance vs temperature is
available in your Bentely manual.  It's triggered by activation of
the full throttle switch by tapping it's 12v switched line.  A relay
in the box switches in the 'cold' resistance value instead of what
the coolent temperature sensor is actually at, the engine management
system reacts by raising the fuel pressure which richens the mixture.

This works great when the engine is running at an RPM that can make use
of the extra fuel.  However, it's pretty easy to trigger the full
throttle switch at any RPM. :)  At lower RPMs, the extra fuel throws
off the mixture too much, making the engine bog down.

Oh, and buy H&R springs.  You'll like them a lot. :)

==Brett