Re: Wheels

Jason,
    I have those exact same wheels.  I guess it's pretty much up to your
taste as to what sized wheel you go with as its mostly for looks over
performance, as there is probably minimal difference between a 15, 16, and
17" tire performance wise.  There is a greater chance of bending a wheel
with lower profile tires, but you will not be fixing them every week like
some people imply.  I bent my 15's quicker than i've bent the 17's, and
still haven't had a bent one.
      I think either Road and Track or Car and Driver did a test on
different sized wheels a month or so.  If you want a 17" rim, i'd say go
with something in a 17x7 if you want little or no mods.  depends how low the
car is too.  On stock springs, my car looked really funny with those big
wheels, but didn't rub ever.  After i dropped it, i had to take the front
splash sheilds out, and grind a small portion of the inner wheel arch lips
off of both front and rear wheel arches. Didn't take more than a half an
hour, but some people don't like grinding metal off the body of their cars
(it was kinda hard for me too :)  with a 17x7 less work would probably be
needed.

    I love 17s, that why they're on my car, get what you like, and it'll
make you happy.  oh, and 17s dont make for a harsh ride either.

Owen
87 16v
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1571