brake switches gone bad

Hey all

The strangest thing happened again yesterday. My brake light switch self
destructed. Two months ago my brake lights were not working and then one
day  I noticed they were one as I was leaving the garage. I popped the
hood and one of the switches was smoking. I started to freak. The switch
was melting and about to flame up. I quickly tried to pull the wires off
but the whole inside of the switch came out. Now it was sparking and I
really was freaking now. I pulled the ground off the battery. That thing
was hot for a while. Well just last night I am going out and as I put
the cd's in the trunk the brake lights are on real dim. Shit. The other
switch shorted also. It did the exact same thing. This time it started
to leak brake fluid. These were both replaced with the new MC like four
or so years ago. I could have lost the car to fire.

Just had to share this odd experience.

mark hausler
'81 scirocco s
'94 toyo 4x4