suicidal roc

Hi all

My 8v scirocco tried to commit suicide today.  while driving home
from work after working overtime(to help fund the 2.0)  I noticed the
oil light flicker.   I was right in front of my buddies house.  So I
wipped in the yard and shut it off.  when I popped the hood
everything was oil soaked.  It looked bad.  we were talking about
blowing it up so that we could use the 60k block he had.  but it
turned out to be the oil cooler.  I thought the seal was bad but when
I went to take the filter off the whole piece was loose.  one tight
bolt later every thing is well again.  I had about a quart of oil
left.  think I did any damage.  It just leaked out today because I
always look at the drive way after I leak to check for leaks esp on a
high mileage motor.  this thing just keeps going aand going just like
the energizer bunny.... god I love this car.  after I get the 2.0
done I am gonna freshen the 1.8 and keep this thing going.  It wanted
to die but I just won't let it........
happy roccin
Tony
83 8v(still alive and well)