Re: MAYBE YOU CAN HELP...

At 11:42 PM 1/27/99 -0500, Shawn C Meze wrote:
>I got this tonight. I thought id pass it along to see what others think
>about it....
>Please read on.....
>

>the problem is this:  the car hesitates under acceleration, noticeably
>when taking a right turn. (Fuel starvation while cornering.)

Well I could be totally wrong here but what if it's electrical?  I had a
hesitation/cutting out problem with a GTI(A2 though) I had.  When turning
the car it would hesitate/cut out.  After a little thought, observation and
thought I realized it was happening when I turned the steering wheel.  If
it started to do it and I quickly brought the wheel back to center it was
fine.  It also acted the same just with the car parked and running.  It
truned out to be the electrical connector to the igniton was a bit lose and
turning the wheel flexed the ignition switch housing causing the problem.
Weird, but it happened.  And I'm not saying it's this but it could be
something similiar with some other connector or wire.

John Worden
Old Town, ME.
 '98  Dakota cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue,
 '84  Scirocco (under construction) Brakes and Suspension currently
 '69  MGB Roadster(in need of restoration)