Re: Replacing Fuel Injector O-Rings

Same thing happened w/ me.  My O-rings were sooooo crusty, I couldn't 'just pull' them out.

 I ended up gripping the part of the fuel line that threads onto the injector (10mm??--I dunno what size wrench would fit, but whatever) w/ some vice grips and using the valve cover as a fulcrum.  To get better leverage I put a big wrench (piece of wood would work too) b/w the vice grips and the head, and then gave the vice grips a good SOLID (but not violent) whack w/ a hammer.  The injectors popped out, no problem, no harm done.  I tested'em to make sure I hadn't screwed them up, and they were in great shape...nice cone spray, all 4 sprayed the same amount in the 10 sec. test period.

Don't be afraid to apply a little elbow grease, but don't get violent with them.  My old O- rings ended up shattering when I popped the injectors out.  Soak the new ones in gas b4 putting them on.  If you have trouble getting them back in you can use a little/tiny bit of oil to make it easier (thats what I did anyway)

Victor J. Farren
Research & Reference Services
PPC/CDIE/DIO/RRS
Tel: (202) 661-5842
Fax: (202) 661-5891
E-mail: vfarren@rrs.cdie.org

>>> "Eric Parusel" <mobbdeep@hotmail.com> 01/27 4:47 PM >>>

    Hi there, I'd like to replace my fuel injector o-rings, and
according to my repair manual, I can just pull the fuel injectors out by
hand???
I tried that and the fuel injectors don't want to budge...
This is on a 1.7l engine... I don't want to get too forceful since I
don't feel like purchasing new injectors :)  Any ideas???
thanks!

    Eric