RE: Replacing Fuel Injector O-Rings

>    Hi there, I'd like to replace my fuel injector o-rings, and
>according to my repair manual, I can just pull the fuel injectors out by
>hand???
>I tried that and the fuel injectors don't want to budge...
>This is on a 1.7l engine... I don't want to get too forceful since I
>don't feel like purchasing new injectors :)  Any ideas???

yeah..  BE CAREFUL!  they do come out, but if your O-rings are petrified
(as mine were), they are a BITCH.  squirt some motor oil down in there
and wiggle it around, and then get something to grip the injectors
firmly, and THEN use a long screwdriver to pry against the valve cover,
be sure to pull *straight out* or you may bend the injector.  i used a
10mm mountain bike wrench (one of those really thin jobbies) in between
the fuel line connection and injector nuts and pried with a wonder bar.
easiest way is to just get the injector puller tool thingy.

chris
86 16V scirocco