Re: Wrecking yard fun...

Damn, sounds like you got lucky.  Maybe the rocco has got steel braided brake cables as well, or vented disks...who knows.  But I don't think the cam will work in your solid head (if it is the G-grind), but I am not positive.

About the throttle body.  $150?????  That is nuts.  I paid $25 for mine, and felt a little ripped off.  You can also get'em off of any A2, the secondary plenum is just as big as the one found on the Audi 5k.  These throttle bodies are all over the place, so wait until you find one in good condition instead of buying an old one w/ rusted springs etc. that you are going to have to clean up.  Of course you have to match the opening in the intake manifold as well to take advantage of the increased airflow through the T-body

BTW when you asked about the T-body, did you say it was from an Audi?  If you did, big mistake...say Audi and the price shoots up.  Just say it is from a VW, as the T-body has the VW/Audi stamp on it.

I don't know what size airflow sensor plate you have on your 81, but if it the small one you could benefit from upgrading to the bigger sensor plate found on the later roccos.  I'm sure other list members know more about this than I do.

My $ 0.02

Victor
84 8v