Fw: Re: Wrecking yard fun...

agreed that $150 for a TB is in another galaxy. the yard I go to charges
$10

--------- Forwarded message -- --------
From: "Victor Farren" <vfarren@smtp.cdie.org>
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org, weinerman99@yahoo.com
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 16:43:54 -0500
Subject: Re: Wrecking yard fun...

Damn, sounds like you got lucky.  Maybe the rocco has got steel braided
brake cables as well, or vented disks...who knows.  But I don't think the
cam will work in your solid head (if it is the G-grind), but I am not
positive.

About the throttle body.  $150?????  That is nuts.  I paid $25 for mine,
and felt a little ripped off.  You can also get'em off of any A2, the
secondary plenum is just as big as the one found on the Audi 5k.  These
throttle bodies are all over the place, so wait until you find one in
good condition instead of buying an old one w/ rusted springs etc. that
you are going to have to clean up.  Of course you have to match the
opening in the intake manifold as well to take advantage of the increased
airflow through the T-body

BTW when you asked about the T-body, did you say it was from an Audi?  If
you did, big mistake...say Audi and the price shoots up.  Just say it is
from a VW, as the T-body has the VW/Audi stamp on it.

I don't know what size airflow sensor plate you have on your 81, but if
it the small one you could benefit from upgrading to the bigger sensor
plate found on the later roccos.  I'm sure other list members know more
about this than I do.

My $ 0.02

Victor
84 8v