Re: [Opinions] 0.80 5th Gear Conversion -- 16v

Someone wrote:

> 1. What do you think?  Worth it?

I used to want to try this but I changed my mind. I guess it depends on
WHERE you drive most of the time. I drive on the freeway every day from
Victorville, CA to Pomona, which means there is a LONG serious uphill
section on the way home. I don't know if you know that area but most
cars/drivers have to really struggle to maintain 70 mph on the way up. A lot
of them have to move over to the right and let people like me go by, just
because this hill is slowing them down. That's what I have to do when I
drive the GF's Golf and it's an awful feeling. In my rocco, I am actually
able to ACCELERATE up the hill, passing just about everybody. It's a good
feeling.
Yeah, the RPMs are pretty high at freeway speed but you get used to that and
for me it's worth it.

DAS