Re: What parts do I need?

---Sal Guzzo <yu129742@YorkU.CA> wrote:

> VR6 was a good choice, but also too expensive.  I had purchased a 1.8 JH
> motor which was in a 86 Scirocco.  However, I think that I would like to
> have more power in my car.  Here's my dilemma.  I am looking at getting a
> 16V transplanted into the car.  What would I need?

To tell you the truth, if this is the route you want to take, the easiest
thing for you to do it buy a parts car.  A complete 16v Scirocco to be
more specific.  If you're not up for this, then build a 2L 8v motor. Less
headaches, unless you're _dying_ for the slight elevation in coolness
factor by having a 16v engine in a chassis it never came in. :)  Couple
that with a 16v Scirocco donor car 'priced-to-sell' and you could
have yourself a project.  Happened to me and Jim Jarrett when we were
thinking of options for his ragtop.

> I am assuming that the
> intake, exhaust, etc would be required.  How about the fuel distrib. etc.
> What can I use from my old motor and what would I need inconjunction to
> this swap.  Can I use the Weber TB I have for the 8V.

All different.  Get an entire car.  If you need something that way, you
just go get it.

> I have never seen a 16V motor so I really don't know what it looks like.
> Any help would be appreciated.

Look on scirocco.org, there's plenty of pictures of 16v's with their hoods
up...I would guess....well go to the section on my car anyway and have a
bit of look-see.  Let me know if you have any specific questions.

> Sal

==Brett